Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I refuse to believe it!

Sorry, I refuse to believe that UFC is replacing boxing and I'm getting pretty tired of hearing it!

As probably one of the only true boxing fans left on this earth, and admittedly knowing almost nothing about UFC, I will never, never admit that boxing is giving ground to UFC.  UFC is a fad, and like any fad, it will eventually die (hopefully), and even if it doesn't, I will always be loyal to the sport I've loved for years.  Nothing can compare to the drama of boxing, one needs to only witness the Israel Vasquez and Rafael Marquez slugfest from last weekend to understand how superior boxing is to UFC.  Nothing can compare to the heart that those two 122 pounders showed last Saturday as they pounded each other for 12 heart-stopping rounds.  Plus you will never see a UFC fighter that reaches the level of popularity that fighters like Mike Tyson and Oscar De La Hoya reach.  Boxing has more stories then UFC will ever have and that is evidenced by the amount of high-quality sports writers that have written about the sport.  Yes, in my opinion, boxing will always be superior to UFC.

No comments: